Education key aspects:
The academic education is oriented on international standards. Interdisciplinary and problem-oriented education, a broad range of course offerings (sometimes offered together with our extramural research partners), an early involvement of students in recent research topics, as well as opportunities of international exchanges (e.g., Erasmus-Program, Dual Bachelor program International Field Geosciences, German-Argentine University Network) are cornerstones of the education program.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc): Geosciences, Geoecology, International Field Geosciences (Dual Degree Bachelor)
- Master of Science (MSc): Geosciences (incl. specialization on Geology/ Mineralogy/ Geophysics), Geoecology, Remote Sensing, geoInformation and Visualization
- International Master of Science (MSc Biologie): VolkswagenFoundation Masters Program Evolution across Scales
- International Master of Arts (MA) Public Management: Geogovernance
The Department of Earth Sciences is planning to establish a Ph.D. program that is more oriented toward Environmental and Earth Sciences. Based on effective programs out the established Graduate School and the DFG-Leibniz center, the Ph.D. education should be top-ranked and internationally renowned.
- DFG-funded Research Training Group (Graduate school) “Natural Hazards and Risks in a Changing World”, (GRK 2043/1)
- DFG-funded binational German-Argentine Research Training Group (Graduate school) “SuRfAce processes, TEctonics, and Georesources: The Andean foreland basin of Argentina” (GRK 2018/1)
- Helmholtz Research School for Explorative Simulation in Earth Science (Geo∑im)
- binational German-Argentine PhD program „Riesgos Naturales / Natural hazards” in the framework of the German-Argentine University Network (DAHZ / CUAA)
- EU-funded ITN program (Initital Training Network) on Anatolian plateau climatE and Tectonic hazards (ALErT)
The offering of international degrees, like the dual Bachelor of International Field Geosciences or the Dual Ph.D. (cotutelle-de-thèse) with the Argentine partner universities, the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, the Ecole Normale Superieure de Paris and the University Basel, will be advanced. Within these endeavors, the mobility of students should be better established and become a trademark for the education program of the Research center of Earth Sciences at Potsdam University.